Hello, I'm a tech enthusiast pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business and Information Technology at the Murang'a University of Technology and working as a software developer.
I'm currently employed as a technical article writer at Techvarsity. My primary responsibilities in this position include building tutorial applications, writing tests, and integrating with CircleCI then documenting.
I'm also the current Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador at the Murang'a University of Technology. Aside from that, I contribute articles to FreeCodeCamp.org.
Here is a list of the technologies that I'm familiar with!
- Python, SQL
- Flask & FastAPI
- Express & Nodejs
- MySQL & PostgreSQL
- CircleCI CI/CD
- GitHub actions CI/CD
- Unit & Intergration testing
Where I've worked
January 2022 - Present
- Utilizing Pytest and Jest to write automated tests.
- Integrating applications with CircleCI for automated builds and tests.
- Implementing Conditional workflows using CircleCI, building Docker images, and Pushing to DockerHub.
- Documenting steps taken in making an application, testing, and Integrating with CircleCI.
July 2021 - Present
- Redesigned Memaafrica’s website to a modern looking website.
- Integrated SMTPlib library with webmail for visitors contact form.
- Improved Memaafricas’ website page load speed from 57% on mobile, 68% on the desktop to 79% on mobile, and 97% on desktop.
- Responsible for maintaining website code, updating website content, and monitoring its usage.
Some Things I've Built
Social Media API
A social media API that manages user account creation with access tokens, post creation, update, and deletion, as well as upvotes and downvotes. Built with FastAPI and powered by a Postgres database.
Github actions CI/CD
A bookmark manager API that allows for simple bookmark management. User creation and authentication with access tokens, adding bookmarks, updating, deleting, and viewing existing bookmarks are all features. It also offers bookmark link visit tracking and statistics.
Github actions CI/CD
Mentor Match Africa (Mema Africa) is a boutique consulting agency that offers value driven marketing solutions to businesses.
AWS Serverless API
A serverless AWS expense tracker API. AWS Lambda functions, API gateway, and Dynamodb are among the ingredients.
Other Noteworthy ProjectsView Complete List of Projects/Codes
React E-commerce UI
A fully functional react fashion ecommerce UI that has been styled with styled components and material icons.
Simple Web Crawler
A Simple Web Crawler. Using a URL and an HTML tag provided by a user scraps the page and returns the total number of elements fetched and then display the results from the scrap.
A fully functional blog website with CRUD capabilities. Developed using Python Flask framework and MySQL. Topics Resources
A blog API composed in ExpressJs and powered by a MongoDB database .All tests are written in Jest and are Circle CI-configured.